Call us now ! Send us an email Rutherford St Greenville United States

Back to Top

(864) 235-9628


  • Divorce/Separation
  • Child Custody
  • Child Support
  • Mediation
  • Personal Injury
  • Family law
  • Probate Law
  • DUI Defense

Personal Injury

"I've been hurt in a car accident. What should I do now?"
If you have been the victim of a car, truck or motocycle accident, and you would like an educated, honest assesment of your case, please contact our office today. The Law Offices of William D. Fore, P.A. have been helping accident victims for more than eighteen years.
South Carolina Law allows for the collection of medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering, along with any permanent impairment that you suffer, as a result of an at fault driver's actions. Depending on the severity of your injury you may have ongoing medical bills, lingering injuries and lost time from work. If your injuries are preventing you from working, chances are these same injuries are interfering with your daily enjoyment of life. If someone has injured you as a result of their negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for these damages. We will give your case the time and attention it deserves and we will fight to recover the maximum benefit that you deserve.

Domestic and Family Law

Separation and Divorce

"I want a Divorce"
The process of Separation and Divorce can be difficult both emotionally and financially. It is very important to approach this process carefully in order to avoid making costly and irreversible mistakes.  We are very familiar with all aspects of the separation/divorce procedure, based on years of practice in family court, and we can advise you, based on this experience, as to resonably expected outcomes in your situation. Whether your case requires a contested trial or approval of an amicable agreement, we are fully prepared to assist you in obtaining your desired resolution.

Child Support

"How much child support will I have to pay"
The South Carolina Legislature has enacted a set of guidelines for family court judges to use when calculating the amount of support a non-custodial parent will have to pay. The best way to estimate your child support payment is by using the SC Child Support Calculator. Family Court Judges may adjust this figure up or down, slightly, but the SC Child Support Calculator provides a good estimation of what a non-custodial parent can expect to pay.  You can get an estimate of your child support payment by using the SC Child Support Calculator under the HELPFUL LINKS section.

Probate Law

Last Will and Testament

"Why do I need a will?"
The simple answer is, "So that your final wishes are carried out the way that you want." When a person passes away, the State needs to know how to distribute your property. Certain financial accounts, like 401(k) and IRAs, and life insurance policies, usually have beneficiaries. When you pass away your beneficiary will receive these benefits. However, if the beneficiary has passed away, or if no beneficiary has been named, the State needs to know to whom this property should pass. Further, when dealing with items that do list a beneficiary, like real estate, automobiles, or personal property, the State needs guidance regarding the distribution of these assets. The State does not take your property if you do not have a Will. The State will distribute the property the way that it believes you would want it to be distributed.  However, if you want to make sure your property is distributed the way that you want, you need to draft a Last Will and Testament.

Estate Administration

"My father passed away. What do I need to do now?"
When a loved one passes away you need to determine how his or her property should be distributed. Some assets may have beneficiaries or rights or survivorship, while others may not. We will help you determine which assets are "probate assets" and which are "non-probate assets, " and we will assist you throughout the probate administration process.

Power of Attorney (POA) and Conservatorship

"My mother is becoming forgetful and she needs help managing her bills, How can I help?"
A Power of Attorney (POA) is a legal document that gives another person the abilty to make financial decisions on your behalf and for your benefit. In order to execute a Power of Attorney the granting party must have the mental capacity to do so. If a person is no longer capable of understanding the nature of his or her affairs, a  family member or other interested party may petition the Probate Court to be appointed Conservator of the incapacitated person's financial affairs. Once appointed, a Conservator has the legal authority, to the extent allowed by the Probate Court, to make financial decisions for the incapacitated persons benefit. 

Healthcare Power of Attorney and Guardianship

"My father has dementia and he need help taking care of himself. What can I do for him"
A Healthcare Power of Attorney is very similar in to a financial Power of Attorney. It is a legal document that gives another person the ability to make decisions regarding your physical wellbeing. In order to execute a Healthcare Power of Attorney, the granting party must have the mental capacity to do so. If a person is no longer has the capacity to manage his or her affairs, a family member or other interested party may petition the Probate Court to be appointed the legal authority, to the extent allowed by the Probate Court, to make healthcare decisions for the incapacitated person's benefit.

YP Reviews

Helpful Links

  • Reload
  • Address

    615 Rutherford St
    Greenville, SC 29609